The Earth Day

...Start of the The Earth Day ...

About 70% of the earths surface is covered by water, but only 3% of all water is fresh; the other 97% is ocean water (salty) . About 70% of the earths surface is covered by water, but only 3% of all water is fresh; the other 97% is ocean water (salty) . WHY IS WATER IMPORTANT?

...Middle of the The Earth Day ...

How water should be use . * Check faucets and pipes for leaks. A small drip from a worn faucet washer can waste 20 gallons of water per day.

...End of the The Earth Day ...

* Keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge. Water conservation . Water conservation .

Hire Writer Login and Download 557 words (1.4 pages)

Did not find what you were looking for?

We will write for you an essay on any given topic for 3 hours

Order now!

Our Services

Add Your Comment

Related essays

Ways of Conserving Water Essay

Running dishwashers after 10 p.m. also helps reduce the demand on the water treatment facility during peak hours.For more information on water .❖ Store drinking water in the refrigerator rather than letting the tap run, when you want a cold glass of water.❖ Conserve water by adding a couple layers of mulch to your garden and landscape after deep watering the areas in the spring.Defrost food overnight in the refrigerator or by using the defrost setting on your microwave.They help reduce the soil and the air temperature.

649 words (1.6 pages)
Water Conservation Essay

As changing irrigation systems can be a costly undertaking, conservation efforts often concentrate on maximizing the efficiency of the existing system.Usually large gains in efficiency are possible through measurement and more effective management of the existing irrigation system.There are also cheap effective methods similar to drip irrigation such as the use of soaking hoses that can even be submerged in the growing medium to eliminate evaporation.Water conservation encompasses the policies, strategies and activities to manage fresh water as a sustainable resource, to protect the water environment, and to meet current and future human demand.The 2011 UNEP Green Economy Report notes that “[i]mproved soil organic matter from the use of ...

1354 words (3.4 pages)
Water Conservation Essay

What is available, in lakes, rivers, aquifers (ground water) and rainfall run-off, is now increasingly coming under strain from urban areas, industries in the developed world, and agriculture in the developing world which is responsible for 70 % of all the water use in the world.Koichiro Matsuura, the director general of UNESCO said “Of all the social and natural crises we humans face, the water crisis is the one that lies at the heart of our survival and that of our planet Earth.” With this quote in mind, we should immediately take swift and drastic measures to protect our limited water supply and in order to do this; we should make ‘Water Conservation’ as our number one priority.Faced with “disinterest at the leadership level and a wor...

2462 words (6.2 pages)
× We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

Login with Social Media